ELA Homework: Daily Common Core Practice Week 1.8
Reading Skills: Reading about time and sequence
Language Skills: Pronouns: Possessive Pronouns
Vocabulary: Context Clues
Writing: We will be working on analyzing a writing prompt. Students will write about how characters change from the beginning of the story to the end of the story.
Math and Science
Understand How Multiplication and Division Are Connected
Tuesday - Thursday night - Review sheet on weekly skill and study multiplication facts. Homework should take no longer than 30 minutes.
Please study daily with your student. We will practice each day in class Monday – Wednesday and take a practice test every Thursday or Friday. They will have a timed test for a daily grade every 3 weeks on the facts we have learned. MULTIPLICATION FACTS MUST BE MEMORIZED! Practice and graded multiplication tests are timed. Students must be able to recite all multiplication facts (0 – 12s) fluently by the end of the year. Students will be given 3 seconds per problem.
4x0=0 4x1=4 4x2=8 4x3=12 4x4=16 4x5=20 4x6=24
4x7=28 4x8=32 4x9=36 4x10=40 4x11=44 4x12=48
States of Matter
- property - the look, feel, taste, sound, smell, or material of an object
- solid - something that has a definite shape
- gas - material that is not a liquid or a solid
- liquid - material that can flow and drip
- dissolve - to spread out evenly in a liquid; to make a solution (example - sugar and water)
- heat - the type of energy that makes things warm
- melting point - when temperatures change state from a solid to liquid
- boiling point - when temperatures change state from liquid to gas
- condensation - a process of gas becoming liquid
- freezing point - when temperatures change state from liquid to solid
- evaporation - a process of liquid becoming gas
- states of matter - the distinct forms that different phases of matter take on (liquid, solid, gas)
- change - to become different
- Please initial behavior chart daily.
- Please remember to check Wednesday folders for grades/important information, sign, and return on Thursday.
- Daily Spelling Grade on Thursday
- Spelling Test Friday.
Students of the Month
Ms. Burns - Shelby Miles
Ms. Daugherty - Zoey Barton
Ms. Douglas - Jayson Carroll
Ms. Jones - Maddox Dycus
Ms. McQueen - Jack Pylate
Ms. Parker - Brayden Norton
Ms. Slaby - Brooks Allred
Ms. Thomas - Jelanie Davis
Ms. Burns - Alexia Brown
Ms. Daugherty - Colum Vice
Ms. Douglas - Collier Bosarge
Ms. Jones - Ashtyn Frame
Ms. McQueen - Ramsey Ridgdell
Ms. Parker - Laney Bennett
Ms. Slaby - Bristal Webster
Ms. Thomas - Caleb Mares