Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Jerry Morgan
Dr. Jerry J. Morgan
CTE Director Jackson County School District
Philosophy of education. Dr. Jerry J. Morgan believes that all can learn but at different rates and speeds with hands-on application. He believes that we must show students how much we care before they will care about the work they receive. “Only expect a student to spend as much time on a lesson as you spent planning it.”—Carlos Hicks, former Gulfport Schools Superintendent. He believes in empowering those around you whether it be students or teachers.
Community Involvement. Dr. Morgan spends time volunteering as a member of the Kiwanis Club and Knights of Columbus as well as other roles in his church. His wife is a local small business owner of Sugar and Spice Children’s Boutique. He serves on the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce. As the Director of the Technology Center he attends many school sponsored events and extracurricular activities. His daughter Patricia is a freshman at MSU and a Teacher Academy program computer, His son Joseph is a freshman at Vancleave High.
Greatest Contributions while in Education:
Jerry J. Morgan’s greatest contribution and accomplishments are the students and colleagues he has encountered along his 29 year journey. There is nothing greater than knowing you have helped mold someone's life and help provide direction along the journey. He often gets invited to College and Workforce graduations because he helped influence the life of a student in a positive way.
Evidence of Student Achievement:
- Under his direction the JCTC 2021 four of the district programs rank number one in the state! Six in the top four!.
- In the 2020-21 school year CTE students obtained 256 national certifications.
- Dr. Morgan helped launch the initial Maritime Academy with Ingalls Shipbuilding 2016
- Implementation of Jackson County Fab Lab 2016-present
- Due to school performance Index his school finished number 7 in the state overall (2007)
- Under his leadership Bayou View Middle School was a Nation Blue Ribbon School 2008
- As a classroom teacher his students performed above the national average on the Algebra One Subject Area Test.